Let’s review from the last post the 3 principles that will improve your photography.
- Have a clear subject (or a theme).
- Focus attention on your subject.
Let’s specifically think of the subject, what can you do to emphasize your subject.
- Move in closer (as mentioned in the last post).
- Sometime, moving further back will bring more emphasis if you subject is large.
- What about depth of field (DoF), blurring part of the picture to emphasis what you want.
- Color can be used for emphasis the subject.
- Keeping the background simple; no distractions.
- Lighting can draw focus to your subject.
- If your subject is a person, make sure to focus on the eyes.
Ask yourself, what is this picture about? What is the frame?
Thanks for reading, keep on shooting, and, as always I look forward to your continued support.